EACreator.com Forum

EA Creator - Automate your forex strategies without programming www.EACreator.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to set fixed SL and TP levels

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How to set fixed SL and TP levels on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:58 pm

I just can't seem to find function for setting fixed SL and TP levels from entry price. Can someone advise please?

Thanks

View user profile

2 Re: How to set fixed SL and TP levels on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:59 pm

old_forum_question wrote:I just can't seem to find function for setting fixed SL and TP levels from entry price. Can someone advise please?

Thanks

You can set it in Metatrader in EA inputs. They are named "StopLoss" and "TakeProfit". Set these inputs to number of pips that you need.

Here you can find description of all EA inputs:
http://www.eacreator.com/main.php?page=6
Choose from expanding menu: "Created EAs usage tutorial" -> "EA Parameters (inputs)"

View user profile

3 Re: How to set fixed SL and TP levels on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:02 am

I have created a EA that Takes Profit on the Cross of two Indicator lines. But I have not set any Stop Loss rules, as I want to use a fixed Stop Loss Number.

Following your advice, I entered the Stop Loss in the EA parameters. But I see there that there i have also to setup the take profit (default of 30 Pips)....but I don't want the EA to use the TakeProfit from the parameter settings, just the Stop loss value.

How do I go about this? I assume the Rules have priority over the parameter settings.

View user profile

4 Re: How to set fixed SL and TP levels on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:03 am

old_forum_question wrote:I have created a EA that Takes Profit on the Cross of two Indicator lines. But I have not set any Stop Loss rules, as I want to use a fixed Stop Loss Number.

Following your advice, I entered the Stop Loss in the EA parameters. But I see there that there i have also to setup the take profit (default of 30 Pips)....but I don't want the EA to use the TakeProfit from the parameter settings, just the Stop loss value.

How do I go about this? I assume the Rules have priority over the parameter settings.

If you don't need take profit, then set EA input TakeProfit to 0.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum