EACreator.com Forum

EA Creator - Automate your forex strategies without programming www.EACreator.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

open more than 1 position at a time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 open more than 1 position at a time? on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi, first can i say that EA creator is fantastic!

now i need to know if its possible to creat an EA that can open a buy position and then if the price hits a point it will open a new position eg sell, whilst keeping the original position open - so my question is can EA make a hedging robot?

the idea i have is based on the open price of the current candle compaired to the previous candle open only with no other indicators.

If last candle open is lower that current candles open = buy + if current candles price drops below its open by 2 pips open sell, so it would have a buy and a sell market order open, both with stoploss and take profit?

is it possible to program it to have a " X number of positions open a any one time" function? open up 1 to 10+ positions at a time?

Is there a stealth function? to hide stop loss and take profit perameters from the broker?

dose the MM function increast lot size according to account balance and risk %?

cheers for your help, and again great program!

Andyb73

View user profile

2 Re: open more than 1 position at a time? on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:10 pm

old_forum_question wrote:Hi, first can i say that EA creator is fantastic!

now i need to know if its possible to creat an EA that can open a buy position and then if the price hits a point it will open a new position eg sell, whilst keeping the original position open - so my question is can EA make a hedging robot?

All EAs are limited to one open position at a time in order to not overcomplicate this tool and avoid logical mistakes.

old_forum_question wrote:the idea i have is based on the open price of the current candle compaired to the previous candle open only with no other indicators.

If last candle open is lower that current candles open = buy + if current candles price drops below its open by 2 pips open sell, so it would have a buy and a sell market order open, both with stoploss and take profit?

Signals for your described strategy would look like this:
buy:
Candle Open (shift = 1) < Candle Open (shift = 0)
sell:
Candle Low (shift = 0) < Candle Open (shift = 0) -0.0002

old_forum_question wrote:is it possible to program it to have a " X number of positions open a any one time" function? open up 1 to 10+ positions at a time?

Your old position should be closed in order to open new position again. Only one open position at a time is available for safety and risk management reasons, in order that some logical mistake would not result into big losses.

old_forum_question wrote:Is there a stealth function? to hide stop loss and take profit perameters from the broker?

You can create closing signals instead of using stop loss and take profit, if you don't want that broker see stop loss or take profit.

old_forum_question wrote:dose the MM function increast lot size according to account balance and risk %?

cheers for your help, and again great program!

Andyb73

Yes, if your account balance grows, then position size will grow too, as maximum risk percentage is always the same as you set it in EA input. Note, taht you need to use stop loss that risk when using automatic money management. Without stop loss it would not be possible to calculate maximum risk.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum